:: publishing and/or reviewing professional publications in their fields
- Chowdhury, M. (2017). Productivity in Uncertain Times. ICPIE 2017: International Conference on Productivity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship. [Apr, 2017]
- Chowdhury, M. (2016). The Smart Classroom – an industry-academia collaborative attempt to design the future teaching and learning environment. LibreriaUniversitaria, Italy.
- Chowdhury, M. (2016). Four Pillars of Productivity: a systematic solution for Canadian small and medium sized businesses. The International Conference on Interdisciplinary Research Studies.
- Chowdhury, M. (2014). Strategic Plan versus Business Plan. Business Productivity Initiative, Niagara College
- Chowdhury, M. (2013). Making Canada's SMEs more productive. Ivey Business Journal, Canada. ...>>
Participation and/or presentations
at provincial, national and international conferences, competitions or exhibitions in their fields
- November 8-9, 2017 – Social Business Academia Conference 2017, Paris, France
- November 6-7, 2017 – 8th Global Social Business Summit, Paris, France
- September 20-22, 2017 – 13th European Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship - ECIE 2018, Paris, France.
- April 29, 2017 – Conference: International Conference on Productivity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship., London, UK.
- December 1, 2016 – Exhibition: IIDEXCanada 2016, Toronto, ON.
- November 30, 2016 – AAGEF Ontario: Coliseum Entrepreneurs Pitch, Toronto, ON.
- November 21, 2016 – Speaker: Pi Lab Dean's Lecture Series, NOTL, ON.
- October 27, 2016 – Niagara Economic Summit, NOTL, ON.
- October 9, 2016 – Speaker: SMART Classroom, Hartnell College, U.S.A.
- June 29-30, 2016 – Conference Chair: The Future of Education, Florence, Italy.
- June 20, 2016 – Ivey Idea Forum, Ivey Business School. Toronto, ON.
- June 14, 2016 – 7th Annual Ivey Venture Forum, Ivey Business School. Toronto, ON.
- May 31, 2016 – Judge: Ignite Niagara: Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce. Thorold, ON.
- May 10-13, 2016 – Workshop: Case Teaching and Writing, Ivey Business School. Toronto, ON.
- March 18, 2016 – Conference: The International Conference on Interdisciplinary Research Studies. George Washington University, U.S.A.
- March 4, 2015 – Seminar: "The cutting edge of digital payments – the future is now." Ivey Business School. Toronto, ON.
- April 27-28, 2015 – Conference: "Discovery 2015" Ontario Centres of Excellence. Toronto, ON.
- May 5, 2015 – Summit: "Great Lakes Business Intelligence & Big Data Summit." greatlakesbisummit.ca, Toronto, ON.
- May 30 - June 9, 2015 – Training/Presentation: "Blue Ocean Strategy" INSEAD Business School. Fontainebleau, France.
- June 19, 2015 – Attended: "Ivey Venture Forum" Ivey Business School. Toronto, ON.
- June 29, 2015 – Visit: "Shopify" Ottawa, Canada.
- Oct 1, 2015 – "Family Enterprise Advisor Lunch and Learn" Institute of Family Enterprise Advisors (IFEA) and Ivey Business School. Toronto, ON.
- Oct 14, 2015 – "The Hassle Factor: Don't let location inconveniences curtail your company's international success" - Ivey Venture Forum, Toronto, ON.
- Oct 30, 2015 – Niagara Economic Summit, NOTL, ON.
- Dec 2, 2015 – IIDEXCanada 2015, Canada's National Design + Architecture Exposition and Conferece, Toronto, ON.
- Jan 6-9, 2016 – CES 2016, Consumer Technology Association Conferece, Las Vegas, NV.
- Feb 24, 2016 – AdvancingEducation Partnering Forum. , Ontario Centres of Excellence, Toronto, ON.
- Mar 17-20, 2016 – International Conference on Interdisciplinary Research Studies at the George Washington University, Washington DC
- Apr 28-29, 2016 – Committe Member - 4th International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (ICIE 2016) at Ryerson University, Toronto ON
- Jun 30 - Jul 1, 2016 – International Conference The Future of Education at Florence, Italy
Scholarship of pedagogy
:: engagement with the scholarship of pedagogy in their fields
- Business Productivity Model - Three Pillars of Productivity
- Business Productivity Model - Four Pillars of Productivity
:: participation in regulatory and accrediting association workshops, degree audits or related work in their fields
- Canada Revenue Agency - Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Program
engagement in basic and/or applied research, labour market research, and/or related industry needs assessments
Classroom of the Future
In collaboration with National Research Council of Canada (NRC), and Industry partner(s), this multi-year joint international research project focuses on the future classrooms of colleges and universities. Given the research findings, a set of design recommendations will be established, alongside a map for idea execution. The gap between the existing strategy and future strategic direction will be used by us to select the appropriate innovation framework for the industry partners. Finally, we will help with the commercialization process as they relate to new innovation framework. New products will be tested with the international research partner(s).
Productivity Framework for Canadian SMEs
The four pillars of productivity model was developed to help SMEs rollout the productivity initiative in a systematic manner.There are four pillars of productivity (4PoP): strategy, operations, technology, and innovation. These four pillars stand upon a base comprised of a solid organizational culture. The series of four workshops was also designed to teach productivity by focusing on the establishment of a solid foundation and pillars, and once those are in place it informs as to how a firm can take the final step of making significant productivity improvements.
Productivity and Digital Technologies
The focus of this research project was to make productivity a part of academic curriculum, so that graduating students would be able to take the necessary skills into the work-place upon graduation to implement such knowledge-base and systems to increase company productivity as needed by Canadian SMEs. The project was funded by DTAPP.
:: application of conceptual knowledge to current practice in their fields, such as reports to industry or consulting work
- Blue Ocean Strategy. Borgo, Mississauga, Ontario.
- Business Strategy and Technology Adoption. Federal Elevator, Mississauga, Ontario.
- Marketing Strategy and web Optimization. Mui Scientific, Mississauga, Ontario.
- Business Strategy and Information Systems. Welcomehome Relocations, Stoufville, Ontario.
- Human Resources. UnoAPP, Toronto, Ontario.
- Business Productivity. Ethnic Channels Group, Toronto, Ontario.
:: creative contributions to their field through exhibitions or related forms
:: development of case studies in their fields.
- Chowdhury, M. (2014). Case study: Assessing strategic issues of Welcomehome Relocation - . Business Productivity Initiative, Niagara College