Business, Education, and Technology Consultant with over 20 years of comprehensive information technology achievements in the private and public sectors including higher education. Proven ability to leverage organizational acumen across diverse cultures and economies to develop low-cost, performance-based solutions via relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Recognized for ability to incorporate innovative management techniques that result in enhanced operational practices, increased productivity and results. Track record of success applying business development, strategic planning and new media expertise to support organizational growth. Fluent in English, Bengali, Russian, Urdu and Hindi; familiar with Spanish and Ukrainian.
|Leadership & Governance
||Adult Education and Educational Technology
|Applied Research & Innovation
||Financial Analysis & Planning
|Negotiation & Conflict Resolution
||Business Intelligence & Analytics
|Emerging Technology and Assessment
||Operations & Project Management
|Staff Management & Training
||Partnership and Collaborations
AXIOM ADVICE INC., Burlington, Ontario (2013 – Present)
Axiom Advice is a provider of business services such as consultation, research, educational and training program development, business presentation, business technology application, and multimedia solutions for small and medium size enterprises across North America.
Responsible for the day-to-day running of the business with a particular emphasis on sales and business development. Making sure that the business continues to grow by way of developing new clients whilst maintaining its existing customer base.
- • Identifying, developing and directing the implementation of business strategy.
- • Building client relationships that result in revenue and profitability growth.
- • Improving margins and maintaining a high quality service to clients.
Productivity and Innovation Lab, Niagara College, Ontatio, Canada (2013 – Present)
Pi-Lab focuses on solving real business problems for Canadian SMEs through traning, consulting engagement, and applied research.
Executive Consultant and Project Director
- • Lead projects and processes for productivity program design and execution.
- • Develop recommendations and design proposals for external funding, and program changes, supported by relevant research.
- • Manage, own, and conduct applied research on trends to support productivity program recommendations.
- • Formulate and present recommendations and drive decision making with key stakeholders.
- • Manage all related program content and materials for online, face-to-face, and blended delivery.
- • Build strong partnerships and extensive collaboration across academia, industry, and government.
C2H MEDIA INC., Salinas, California (2011 – 2013)
An educational and web technology consulting and service provider for educational institutions and businesses.
Chief Operating Officer
Lead the development of the technology plan, operational structure and systems underpinning the company's global network.
- • Identify and capitalize on new growth opportunities through market analysis, product and brand development expertise and keen business instincts.
- • Devising solutions in response to RFP's related to educational technology and online education.
PORTAGE COLLEGE, Lac La Biche, Alberta (2010 – 2011)
A 40 year-old public college with nine campuses located throughout Northeastern Alberta.
Working closely with the Alberta Ministry of Advanced Education and the Board of the College, provided academic and technology leadership across Northeastern Alberta and led operational guidance.
ASSINIBOINE COLLEGE, Brandon, Manitoba (2003 – 2010)
A 50-year old public college with three campuses located across Western Manitoba.
Manager, Enterprise International, 2007 – 2010
Working in cooperation with the provincial and federal government, led academic program development and curriculum development for international licensing.
- • Launched the International Office of the college, dedicated to the development of joint academic and research programs, curriculum licensing and articulation agreements. Successfully grew the enterprise to generate over $7 Million in revenue within a three year period.
- • Led a curriculum and instructional design team for international licensing and joint programs.
- • Initiated a prior learning assessment and recognition strategy for international students.
Manager, Multimedia Lab, 2003 – 2007
Responsible for day-to-day operations, managed special projects and led strategic technology initiatives.
Professor, Information Technology, 2003 – 2010
Taught interactive media, web development and information technology.
Sr. Research Associate, Office of Applied Research & Innovation, 2006 – 2010
Led applied research projects related to educational technology, and information systems.
SMARTEDUHELP/TUSHER GLASS INC., Toronto, Ontario (2003 – 2009)
A privately held company specializing in educational technology, e-commerce and new media production.
Co-founder & Principal
Led web designers and programmers to design and develop high performance new media products and business-to-business e-commerce solutions. Provide consultative services to government, business and educational institutions and conducted workshops, and training sessions across North America.
QUADCOM INSTITUTE, Toronto, Ontario (2001 – 2003)
A private career college offering Information Technology training and certifications.
Director of IT Programs
Responsible for creating and sustaining an environment of academic and professional excellence for students and faculty as well as overall administration, coordination and development of instructional policies, programs, personnel and classroom facilities.
NUTTYPUTTY.COM/MINA INC., Rockville, Maryland (1999 – 2001)
Director of Technology
Led the development and implementation of the technology plan and initiatives; supervised and monitored daily activities of the IT department; worked with media professionals and supervisors to generate effective IT services. Interviewed and hired technical professionals.
INTER-CONTACT INC., Kiev, Ukraine (1993 – 1998)
Manager of Technology and Operations
Developed regional technical service operations and directed repair, network architecture and installations for a startup venture. Supervised and trained technical management staff.
Degrees and Diploma
- Executive MBA, Richard Ivey School of Business, The University of Western Ontario, Class of Jan. 2013
- Ph.D., Educational Technology, Walden University, Minneapolis, Minnesota 2009
- Post-Graduate Diploma, Interactive Multimedia, Sheridan College, Oakville, Ontario, 2002
- B.Sc.,/M.Sc., Engineering, Kiev International University of Civil Aviation, Kiev, Ukraine, 1994/1996
- Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate, Stanford University, 2016-2017
- Certificate in Case Teaching and Writing, Ivey Business School, 2016
- Master Certificate in Lean Six Sigma, Villanova University, 2015-2016
- Certificate in Blue Ocean Strategy, INSEAD, France, 2015
- Certificate in Project Management, Project Management Campus, 2009
- Certificate in Executive Leadership, Cornell University, 2007
- Developing and Managing a Successful Technology and Product Strategy, MIT (2007)
- Human Participants Protection for Research Teams, National Institute of Health, U.S.A, 2007
- Responsible Conduct of Research, Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative, U.S.A, 2006
- Certificate in Adult Education, Red River College, Canada, 2005
- Certificate in 3D Animation and Rendering, Alias, Canada, 2005
- Computer Programming, York University, Canada, 1998
- Certificate in Flight Simulation, National Aviation University, Ukraine, 1996
- Licensure in Russian Language Translation, National Aviation University, Ukraine, 1996
- Licensure in Aircraft Maintenance, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Ukraine, 1995
- DBMS: MS Access, Visual Fox Pro, MS SQL Server, MySQL
- CMS/LMS: Zoomla, WebCT, Moodle, eCollege
- Programming Languages: Java, Excel/VBA, Java Script, Object C
- Web Programming: ASP, ASP.NET, Cold Fusion, PHP
- Data Analysis: Nvivo, SPSS, MatLab, Excel/Solver,
- Software Applications: Adobe Studio CS5.5: Acrobat, Photoshop, Image Ready, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, InDesign, Audition, Encore, Fireworks, Flash (Action Script), Dreamweaver, Director (Lingo), Maya, Sound Forge, AutoCAD, QTVR, Avid, MS Office.
- Project Management Institute
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
- Centre for Applied Research in Educational Technology
- Manitoba Interactive Digital Media Association
Representative Consulting Engagements
- Advent Corp: Strategic IT Plan Review
- Aeroprakt/Antonov Aerospace: Strategic IT Plan Development
- Banyan Consultants: Development/implementation Online Staff Training System
- Cando Contracting: Development/implementation Marketing Program
- Enem-Omni: Development and Implementation of a Custom Web-based Application
- Farriz Design: Customer Service Process Redesign
- Global TV: 3D and Video Rendering Process Review
- Inter-Contact: ERP System Implementation
- Kiev Zhuliyani Airport: Aircraft Maintenance Process Review
- Manulife: Development/Implementation Online Mortgage Calculation
- Murakami Design: Development/implementation Online Architectural Design Process
- Neno Money Order: Online Money Transfer System Implementation
- QLT: Strategic Mobile Technology Integration Plan Review
- Rasna Press Inc.: Business Process Redesign
- Suflek: Learning Management System (LMS) Implementation
- SunLife Financial: Tier 1 & 2 Customer Relationship Management Process Review
- Westman Communication: Streaming Media Technology Planning
- Assiniboine Community College (ACC): Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System and LMS Implementation; Development/Implementation Rich Internet Applications (RIA), Information Kiosk, and Corporate web portal.
- ACC Enterprise International: Strategic IT Plan Development
- Alberta Advanced Education: Pan-Canadian International Education Strategy Review
- Alberta Association of Colleges and Technical Institutes: ERP Implementation Review
- Alberta Senior Academic Officers: Student Financing and Edulinx Process Review
- MediaProACC: Implementation of LMS, RIA, and Streaming Solutions
- Mohawk College: Inbound and Outbound Marketing Process
- Mount Allison University: Student Recruitment Process Redesign
- Multiple Colleges: Integration of ICT into classroom and curriculum
- Portage College: Development/implementation Integrated Recruitment and Marketing Process
- Sheridan College: Strategic International Education and Recruitment Plan
Title: The relationship between ICT integration and improvement in teaching as perceived
by college instructors. Ph.D. dissertation, Walden University, United States -- Minnesota.
- Chowdhury, M. (2010). The Relationship Between Instructor's Perception and ICT Integration in
College Classrooms. Congress 2010 of the Humanities & Social Sciences, Montreal, Canada.
- Chowdhury, M. (2009). ICT integration trends and practices in college classrooms.
EDULEARN09, Barcelona, Spain.
- Chowdhury, M. (2007). WebQuest learning as perceived in the new media classroom.
CADE/AMTEC Conference 2007, Winnipeg, Canada.
- Chowdhury, M. (2006). New technologies in new media classroom. Paper presented at the 7th
International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training,
University of Technology Sydney, Australia.